Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reflections of the past few days and 33 years.



Howdy Folks, Its me, the Weirdoking, coming to you once again, in rare blogging form. Its been a few since my last blog, so buckle up and lets get started. Since my last check-in, ive been in a election, had an erection ( or two or twenty thousand ), celebrated an birthday, had an all out bid war and won and obtained an injury. Of course along the way, during all this fun, i've managed to sleep and work a butt load of hours at work.


So first off, Last Thursday. The Fire Department, held the monthly business meeting and the yearly elections, that happened to fall on that night. For the past year, I have held the position of Vice President of the dept. , and head chairman of fundraising and finances. I have recently have taken an absense, so i havent responded to many calls. I didnt think i would get any positions or votes, but i was wrong and was re-elected to the same two positions. Also on a side note, im back to responding and doing what i do best.


On Sunday the 15th, I celebrated my 33rd birthday and trip around this planet, we call earth. Man, do i feel old. I know what yall are saying. Im not, but damn, i sure like it. It was a pretty relaxing day. I had a special Birthday lunch with Steph, at Wasabi's. Yum. Hibachi japan style. it was delicious. Didnt do a cak this year. Everyone was either busy or working, and it was all goo. I understood the situation. I started watching my all time favorite trilogy. STAR WARS! I am watching them in the order lucas labeled them....1-6. Its funny that something i love as a fan so much, got its start around my birth. Some of you reading this part, are now saying " damn. I was Eight when i saw the original movie, in the movie cineplex." I have always had a passion for the epic that Lucas has created and brought to us. Well, Later on that afternoon, of my Birthday, I went to play some softball with my wife and a few of our friends for a bit. This is where the injury part takes place. While i was Pitching to my wife, she hit a ball straight towards me. My instinct was to cover my nuts. I did. The Ball, Slammed into my upper thigh. Oh the agony. But i will live. Im bruised and i walk with a hobble, but at least the boys are intact and still working ( I think ).


Well in between that and last night, ive spent it mostly working and battling on Ebay. Well last night and into the wee morning of today, i finally won and have been wanting one of these for a while. A dvd Camcorder. To me its everything i wanted. ill use it for videos and ghost hunting and just recording and capturing, moment in time. I didnt want to buy it new and pay a fortune but with some birthday money from mom and lady luck on my side, i won it.


So here i sit now, at work, finishing up this post, with wednesday and thursday off. Probably gonna geocache and hike if the weather is nice. Ive got a fundraiser meeting thursday night. It should be interesting. Thanks again to those who have read this and continue to support me and read this. Im not the most entertaining at time, but i do try. So until next time.........


Ya'll stay hard, keep jammin' and we'll see ya.....


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment